Our commitment to Sustainable Tourism
At Parque Aventura Rio Barranca, we are dedicated to sustainable tourism, which means limiting the negative impacts of our operations while supporting conservation and providing benefits for nearby communities. This policy is extended through our entire company, from the main office to the warehouses where we store our rafts. The following are some of the steps we are taken, or are taking to improve our relationship with the environment:
- Your stay at Parque Aventura Rio Barrranca directly contributes to protecting the fragile dryforest environment, as well as enriching the lives of the area`s local inhabitants. Part of the funds collected through our tour is used to purchase and protect additional tracks of primary dryforest. The project began 6 years ago with an original purchase of 35 hectares . Parque Aventura Rio Barranca has a well – defined Sustainability policy for those who are interested in knowing more widely.
· Parque Aventura Rio Barranca was built with a minimum impact on the surrounding forest and river. No trees were cut to accommodate the adventure activities, as well the canopy tour structure.
· At Parque Aventura Rio Barranca we believe that trips should be educational, and we try to teach all of our clients about the nature and culture of the areas they visit.
We have consequently created speeches in environmental topics, to introduce in schools and factories in the communities closest to Parque Aventura Rio Barranca.
· Parque Aventura Rio Barranca has purchased more than 322.000 square meters (738 acres) of primary dry forest close of Barranca River in order to conserve the area’s wildlife.
· We are reforesting former pastureland near the Barranca River with native tree species to further offset carbon emissions and improve the ecological health of the Barranca River and surrounding areas.
· We have a recycling program that extends from our main office to our warehouses and all along the property. We use reusable plates, cups and cutlery during the lunch served our Welcome Center, instead of the disposable plates and cups uses by other companies.
Each one of the parks’ attr actions meets the most rigorous international safety standards in order to provide a total sense of tranquility amongst our visitors . Furthermore, the park is highly committed to the politics of conservation and sustainability thr ough its participation in various environmental protection and betterment programs such as the Bandera Azul, pr oject for Pr otected Natural Areas, the Costa Rican Network of Natural Reserves the FONAFIFO, Environmental Services Payment Program and the Certificate of the Touristic Sustainability of the Costa Rican Tourism Board (I.C.T.).